If you are a teen between 15-17 years old and have completed your freshman, sophomore or junior year, we’d like to invite you to join our Teen Leadership Program!
What is a Teen Leader?
Why Become a Teen Leader
- Provides a unique opportunity for teens looking to gain a practical, working knowledge of how to be a leader at camp, school, and in life.
- Opens teens up to exciting community service opportunities.
- Adds important leadership and community service experience to your resume for college and future employment.
- Teen Leaders learn the skills to be an effective camp counselor and the program opens the door to a possible future working at camp!
- Teen leaders must attend 1 of 2 MANDATORY Training days. Space for each training will be on a first come first serve basis. You must reserve your space at training ahead of time.
- Sunday June 4th 1pm-8pm
- Saturday June 10th 1pm-8pm
How to Become a Teen Leader
Applications available January 1 and must be received no later than May 1 Please – no phone calls or emails regarding acceptance.
- Acceptance letters and invoices will be mailed on or before May 21st. Applications are accepted as they are received. The sooner we receive your application the sooner you will get your acceptance letter. Teen leader spots fill quickly.
- Teen Leaders will be required to complete a phone interview with either the Teen Leader Coordinator, Camp Director or Program Director before acceptance will be granted.
- Please, no phone calls or e-mails regarding acceptance.
- Please fill out FORM A Registration page included in this application and return by mail to 326 Taft Pond Rd Pomfret, CT 06259 or fax (860-974-3327) to register as a TL. Due to the multi-level pay scale, 2023 registration for teen leaders will not be available online.
- Once we receive your paper registration, we will input your teen leader in the online system from the back side and then you will be able to go online and fill out the required forms.
Teen Leader Responsibilities
|Assist counselors during cabin time and activity periods. (setup, helping campers, cleanup)|
|Escort campers to the nurse or bathroom.|
|Help campers find lost or forgotten items.|
|Help keep the group together when moving around camp.|
|Set the tables for breakfast and provide assistance during meals.|
|Comfort homesick campers.|
|Lead songs before meals, help campers create skit for evening program.|
|Participate in overnights, when needed.|
|Be a role model for campers!|
|1st Week Attending||$565/week (Resident)
$360/ Week (Day)
|Additional Weeks||1st Year Teen Leader
Resident: $250 Day: $200
2nd Year Teen Leader
Resident: $230 Day: $180
- Visit our Camp Registration Forms page to download your application.
- Please submit between January 1- May 1- Applications are accepted as they are received.